- Tools for creation of formal metadata
- Metadata in Plain Language
Who wrote the metadata?
Details about the metadata document itself are contained within
. The only
elements that are always required here are
Some people working with classified data may be required to
add security information of various sorts:
If your metadata aren't classified, leave these out. The other
elements are necessary only if your organization requires them.
- When were the metadata last modified?
- Has this metadata record been reviewed or will it be reviewed in the future?
- Who wrote the metadata?
See Providing contact information
- To what standard are the metadata intended to conform?
Metadata_Standard_Name: Content Standard for Digital Geospatial Metadata
- If you specified any clock times in the metadata, did you use local time, GMT, or something else?
Metadata_Time_Convention: Local Time, GMT, or something else
- Are there legal restrictions on who can get or use the metadata?
Metadata_Access_Constraints: Legal statement
Metadata_Use_Constraints: Legal statement
Metadata_Security_Classification_System: Spook stuff code book
Metadata_Security_Classification: Spook stuff code
Metadata_Security_Handling_Description: Instructions to other spooks